stupid stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid stupid

When putting my starting battery back in the boat today, I stupidly thought I remembered the polarity of the cables without double checking. Sure enough, sparks and now after correcting the polarity, nothing, no trim, no display on Yamaha digital display and no starter.
    Please tell me there is a just a fuse that blew and nothing more major. I looked around in the battery compartment and under the center console but nothing blown that I could see.
    All accessories are working fine (lights, horn, bilge, etc.)
    This is a 90TRLD.

Steve,
    Well, welcome to the club of "stupid" - we've all "been there done that" with the battery cables at some point in our lives [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    You might try "color-coding" both the battery cables and the battery posts using red/black tape on the cables (usually the heavy battery cables are already color coded), and red finger nail polish near the pos post on the battery.
    Hopefully, a blown fuse is all that has happened with the reverse polarity. Remove the hood on that 90, and check the fuses. There may only be one. Should be housed in an inline fuse holder. Probably gonna be a 20 or 30 amp. My C115 has two, a 20 and 30.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X