No announcement yet.

1999 F50TLRX Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you have trim tabs, at least on a 18-20ft boat, you can't live without them. For leveling, choppy water, getting on plane with a load....lots of uses. Knock on wood, never had an issue with electric tabs.

Comment

I wonder if he could find a different prop to help.
      I have read there are designs that help lift the stern.
      I never fully understood how that would work tho

Comment

Well call me crazy but I talked to a zipwake dealer and he indicated they have installed them on smaller boats that are lighter than mine and have had great results. I think I'm going to try them out. Of course I will test this unit off the boat to make sure it actually works. I will only drill the mounting holes for the actual units. I will not drill the large cable hole. I really have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out I can easily plug the holes with some marine tech. My biggest challenges is going to be mounting the control unit. I have limited console space.

Comment

I plan on going up to a 12 pitch prop. The 11 pitch is not enough. It allows me to over rev the engine if I'm not careful.

Comment

you try to prop to how you normally load the boat,
            when running with a lighter load you can limit the RPM with the throttle.
            but if loading heavier or pulling a skier or tube it is best to have another prop to put on for that.
            let us know how the tabs work out for you

Comment

I powered it up today (not installed on the boat) and I was surprised to see weight/dimension settings that match my boat.I have resolved where to mount the control. I will move my trim gauge lower to the left and put the control in it's place. After I set up the parameters I put it on automatic. Holding the gyro/gps control panel in my hand and moving it would move the actuators in and out and the boat icon in the window would show the pitch and roll corrections. I am excited about getting this installed in my boat. I may have to buy another steering wheel. it is stuck pretty good on the shaft and may require drilling to get it off. Removal is necessary to be able to drill the holes to be able to mount the control and relocate the gauge.

gauge.JPG

Comment

Working...
              X