X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha command link multi hub?

Yamaha MULTI HUB command link ASSEMBLY 6Y8-81920-01-00

Please help!
    I have been trying unsuccessfully to display my 2019 F70LA Yamaha outboard engine data on my Raymarine Axiom 9" MFD with Yamaha Command link multi hub and Yamaha gateway 6YG-8A2D0-00-00. see picture for my wiring diagram.
    My questions are the followings:
    1. On the multi hub below picture, i plugged power line into the RED power plug. Am I correct to assume I can use any 2 of the 3 "DEVICE" ports to connect my Raymarine MFD and Yamaha Gateway?

2. DO I need terminators on both ends of the multi hub for BUS if they are not used to display my 2019 Yamaha F70 on my Raymarine Axiom MFD?

Captain steve - 1974 wellcraft airslot 165 with 2019 Yamaha 70

If you are using the hub as shown in the schematic you posted- with the cable from the engine and the Gateway plugged in to it- then you need power to the hub and you need a terminator cap on both BUS ends of the hub.

Comment

Yes i have the 12v power wire to my 703 side mount remote control. I dont have terminator cap. Does it come wi the hub? If not whats the part number. Thx

Comment

Comment

Thanks but i was told i need 1 more wire in addition to the terminator cap after calling Yamaha electronic department. They told me my connection between engine and hub is wrong. I need the plug from F70 to plug into 1 of the 2 Main BUS ports in order to get engine data to multi hub. They told me to buy Main Bus wire (6Y8-82553) to connect with the pigtail (6Y8-82521) from F70.

Is this correct? I thought main Bus wire is needed only to connect from hub to hub.

i know the pigtail (6Y8-82521) from F70 fit the hub device port but not the BUS port so i know i need an adapter. So, is there such an apapter?
          Last edited by Yamaha18; 08-21-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

My initial response was based on the diagram you provided;
            that's why I wrote "If you are using the hub as shown in the schematic you posted- "

But let's back up and begin fresh.

my impression was that you do NOT have Yamaha Command Link gauges -
            is that correct ?

If so, you need a cable to reach from under the engine cowling,
            presumably, up to the console,
            to plug into the Hub you will have there, with the Gateway and Axiom

What wires / parts do you already have, to do that ?

Comment

Ok thx. I have wires connected as drawn in the map but no BUS terminator caps (i need 2? I thought they are optional). The only thing different between the map and my current setup is the battery power connected to Yamaha side mount 703 remote control using yellow and black connectors, and the other end red plug plugged into Red port on the hub.
              Last edited by Yamaha18; 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

the Bus terminator caps are required
                because Command Link / NMEA 2000 data transmission wires need to be arranged with
                "terminating resistors at each end, as so:

The Yamaha gray "BUS" cap contains that resistor.

If you are running a wire from the engine harness plug,
                direct to the bus at the helm,
                then both ends - both "BUS" connections -
                of that hub need a terminating cap.

Comment

Ok thx
                  Is the device port cap optional?

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaha18 View Post
                    Ok thx
                    Is the device port cap optional?
                    yes, that cap is simply a 'dust cover'

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                      the Bus terminator caps are required
                      because Command Link / NMEA 2000 data transmission wires need to be arranged with
                      "terminating resistors at each end, as so:

The Yamaha gray "BUS" cap contains that resistor.

If you are running a wire from the engine harness plug,
                      direct to the bus at the helm,
                      then both ends - both "BUS" connections -
                      of that hub need a terminating cap.
                      Two 120 ohms in parallel results in what ohms between the two leads?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        Two 120 ohms in parallel results in what ohms between the two leads?
                        the formula for the total resistance of 2 parallel resistors:

of course, when the two resistances are equal,
                        we can "intuitively" see that the total resistance is halved...
                        either way - 60 Ohms

Comment

Success! Thanks to all who commented. I was able to source all the necessary parts and get the engine data to display on my Raymarine Axiom 9” 3d fishfinder. Simplify my dashboard and ready for upgrade to digital remote control and fly by wire from my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp (F70LA).
                          1. Only 1 terminator cap is needed for 1 of the 2 BUS ports on the Command Link Hub.
                          2. 2 of the 3 device ports on the CLH will be used. The device cap is not needed for the third port. 1 device port will link to engine with a pigtail wire. The 2nd device port will link to Yamaha Gateway 6YG-8A2D0 with a pigtail wire. There is gateway kit (cheaper than buying individually) that includes the gateway and 2 wires from it.
                          3. The BUS wire and inline connector is totally NOT needed.
                          4. You need a 3 T NMEA 2000 network kit. Most kit comes with 2 Ts and 2 end caps (u need these 2) and 2 network wires, so buy 1 more T

Below is all false information I was given to buy unnecessary parts which I have to return and take a loss for shipping to me-what a bummer!
                          1. Yamaha told me to work with a dealer??? Fact, my local dealer never have experience hooking up a Raymarine MFD and don’t have the necessary parts. They bill $135 an hours. I rather take the $135 to pay for shipping the unnecessary parts back.
                          2. You don’t need Command Link BUS hub cap or you need 2 BUS caps. No for both statements. You only need 1 BUS terminator cap for each hub.
                          3. You need to buy a BUS wire and inline adapter to connect the CL HUB with pigtail wire to engine in order to read data. NO, u don't. The Gateway will link to CL hub to read the data from engine through a pigtail to engine using 1 of the 3 device ports. Gateway will pass the data to Raymarine MFD using NMEA 2000 network.

I may be upgrading the system to fly by wire digital control to ***** the F70LA soon. That will need some help from those who have the system.

thanks again

Comment

I will post a detail wiring diagram soon

Comment

Working...
                            X