Yamaha 93'130txrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 93'130txrr

I am having overheating issues, and I am looking to replace the temperature sensor, since I have tried almost everything suggested on many posts.
    Can someone tell me if the thermo switch assembly is the same thing as the temperature sensor, I checked on boats.net and I do not see a temp sensor listed

A temperature sensor will give a resistance value based on the actual temperature, a temperature switch will close circuit at a predetermined temperature.

Temperature sensor can be resistance tested in water (should have a certain resistance at each given temperature)

Switch can be tested by same way, but you are looking for continuity (closed switch) at a certain temperature, part of the test is monitoring the opening temperature (after the switch has closed) - this will be lower than the closing temperature.

The specs are in the service manual, I'm in NZ so all different model codes here.

Comment

that model only has the two temp switchs.
      can they fail?
      yep.
      not often but they can.
      luckily they are easy to test.
      typically after the water pump,thermostats and pressure control valve are done the next step is removing the heads and water jackets and manually scraping it clean.

Comment

Working...
      X