50 yamaha carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 yamaha carb problem

I HAVE AN 2008 50 YAMAHA OUTBOARD 2 STROKE,RUNS GREAT AT START UP,CAN RUN 8 MILE DOWN WATERWAY STOP AND FISH 45 MINUTES,THEN ENGINE STALLS RIGHT AFTER START UP MAYBE 20-50 FEET ,I HAVE TO DRAIN BOTTOM CARB,I HAVE CHANGES BOTH FILTERS TWICE AND NO SIGNS OS WATER.aNY IDEAS

Please do not type in all caps, it make it hard to read and is considered yelling from what I have read.

Why do you have to drain the bottom carb to make it run?
    Makes no sense to me

Comment

What is happening and same thing happens on my 98 25 HP. Draining the carb with the small drain screws just won't get it. There are two small c-bore pockets that the main down tube that the high speed jet sits in. On mine, just draining will not get the dried gas that gets in the bowls. It looks like little snakes. It pulls up and blocks the passage. When you stop, it falls off. Few miles down the river it repeats. You may be able to get it out by taking carb spray and with the plugs screwed out, take the spray tube and put it in the little tube that sticks up in the intake bore of carb. Spray till it pours out drains. Then stick it in the drains and spray. I cannot get to my bottom carb very well. I usually have to take carbs off. After spraying, be sure to spray some gas down that tube. Do not leave the carb spray in there. It's not good on gaskets and o ring seals. That the danger of this short cut rather than pulling carbs.
      Last edited by grf00; 08-24-2014, 04:04 PM.
      RIPSAWSBOAT 1998 Yamaha 25HP Model 25N 4/97 25MSHW

Comment

Working...
      X