Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions mounting outboard

Hello,

At the moment I am using a 40hp yamaha autolube 1998, and I've got a chance to replace that one by a 60hp yamaha autolube.

Doe anyone know of it is possible to chance these engines without drilling new holes for mounting? Is the mounting setup the same?

Many thanks in advance

Mounting holes will be the same.

Comment

Awesome! Many thanks!! Would have to get the boat out of the water otherwise. Thanks

Comment

it would be a lot easier to swap on land

Comment

Thats true, but I can use some kind of winch to swap the eninges, it should be fine, but thanks for the suggestion

Comment

you are risking loosing tools and parts into the water, and will need something above that swings around to move the motors off and back .

or lift and them move the boats instead

Comment

Subscribed!
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes. Please video the swap for us. Boscoe will fund it if necessary.

Comment

Haha sorry I missed these responses:/

I did swap the engines but I had to take the boat out of the water because the dimensions were different. Sorry for late respons.

Comment

what was different?
                    larger motor needed to be mounted higher?
                    holes in transom were too narrow,
                    too far apart?

Comment

The previous engine had no powertrim and the new one has, mounting plate was wider, and so were the holes not in same position. But that 60hp is gone already, had rod knock.

Comment

sorry to hear that,
                        the search for a motor continues I guess

I thought that the mounting holes were standardized some years back to make motor swapping on a boat simple.
                        no one liked punching more holes in the transoms every time they changed motors and plugging the old holes
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 12-17-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I believe that engine was also not original anymore, maybe previous owner changed some parts like the mounting or something, I dont know. I had that one only 2 days, found a rod knock in lower rpms. First I thought it was something just ticking under the hood, so I took her for a restrun and after finding out it was serieus, I returned the engine.

******* put it back on Dutch kinda Ebay as "good as new" engine...

But yeah, it has been a struggle to find a descent 60 or 70 hp autolube model, still quite populair engines. Now I am sailing with a 70 hp. You just suggested me to check my fuel pump in another topic

Comment

https://youtu.be/wXEhb0hO2pY

This is a short vid of 4 sec. You can hear the rod knock very clear.
                            You can also see that the mounting holes are different, specially the lower ones

Comment

Working...
                            X