2004 Yamaha F150 Trim Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha F150 Trim Assembly

my trim assembly is leaking trim fluid due to corrosion and apparently cannot be repaired, or put back together and simply refilled with fluid as needed. Any ideas on where to find a used trim assembly? new ones cost more than the engine is worth.
    Thanks.

Check with outboard salvage yards for a used/serviceable unit. There have been many many F150's produced so you should not have a difficult time finding a power trim and tilt unit.

Also, the power trim and tilt unit from any of the VZ225/VZ250's or even the SHO VF200/225/250 models will work on your motor.

Comment

Where are you located???

There's numerous marine "junk yards" about in the US, shouldn't be too hard to find..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

i'll look for a used trim assembly. I would think you could replace bad parts within the trim assemble rather than replacing the entire assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by billygoat View Post
          i'll look for a used trim assembly. I would think you could replace bad parts within the trim assemble rather than replacing the entire assembly.
          You certainly can replace parts. You said you needed another entire assembly.

See below post and click on the links. All the parts for your unit are right there;
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-23-2014, 07:08 PM.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by billygoat View Post

2004 F150TLRC Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSY 1 Diagram and Parts

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...202/parts.html
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-23-2014, 07:08 PM.
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X