carb clean and repair on ProV 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb clean and repair on ProV 150

No questions here, just a thanks to all on this site. For years I put up with inconsistent running, poor idle, and coughing. I finally went at it myself and cleaned my carbs, "not that difficult". I found this website, searched and read everything on carbs or that pertained to my 1991 ProV150. I found that my bowl gaskets had just fibers left on inside edges where the rubber particles had turned loose and clogged passages. I used B12 carb cleaner, compressed air, and small copper wires to clean. Replaced fuel lines and added filter. I cleaned water value, replaced both thermostats(only one did not test), and both fuel pumps. I cut 1/4 inch off and reattached my spark plug wires to their ends, finding that most had deteriorated or burned wire to plug connections. Now, It really runs great and it really idles great. I did not do the link and sync, but was careful to not change links and checked that my throttle flaps closed right. Thanks to all on this site who answered my questions and or gave other people answers that also helped me.
    1991 Kingfisher 179. Yamaha ProV 150, P150TLRP,Ser#352453, code 6J9L, eng#038614. prop-SS. 25-M.
Working...
X