Help with Starter Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Starter Solenoid

I've recently re-rigged the 1989 ProV150 I purchased and I have everything hooked up except for one red wire with a fuse attached to it. It looks like it was unhooked from the solenoid on one end and cut before the fuse on the other end when it was removed from its last boat.

I can't seem to figure out where this wire is supposed to be attached. I'm very certain that it was originally part of the +battery cable, but Im not sure where it goes on the solenoid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The service manual shows three red wires connected to the input side of the starter relay terminal.

One from the positive battery post.

One to the trim and tilt relay.

One to the fuse. A red wire from the fuse runs to the rectifier/regulator.

What does the wiring diagram in your service manual indicate?
    Last edited by boscoe99; 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. I ordered a new service manual on Saturday so it hasn't arrived yet.

I the trim relay attached, and the cable coming from the +battery post attached, but I couldn't figure out where the small red wire with the inline fuse goes.

I called the guy I bought the motor from and he told me he cut that wire from the +cable coming from the +battery post but he didn't remember where it attached on the relay.

Comment

Working...
      X