115 HP water peeing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 HP water peeing issue

Have a 2011 115hp with 150 hours that just stopped peeing water when I start the engine. Had the impeller changed about 1 month ago when the problem first started, and it worked ok the next couple of times I used the boat.

Today it would not pee at all. When I hook a hose up to the fresh water flush out, it pees fine, and water comes out of all the openings in the lower unit. I took off the engine cover, and disconnected the hose on the bottom of the manifold that says "water" on one side and "fuel" on the other. Started the engine and nothing. Disconnected the upper hose and blew through it and could feel air coming out the pee hole.

Any suggestions?

have you ever ever,be honest, started that engine WITHOUT having water supplied to the pump since its last replacement.
    passages are the same whether your using the onboard flush device or the water pump.

it can take as little as 30 seconds of dry run to completely destroy a new water pump, or even an old one.

Comment

Never- always have the engine completely in the water when I start it, and it hasn't been raised out except when I dock it.

I keep the boat on a drive-on dock, so it is easy to lower and start.

Comment

it happens to all of us some where along the line, forget we tilted motor up doing something else and then fire it up before tilting down. you know it immediately from the sound of the exhaust and shut it down, but it can rip vanes off.

I would inspect the pump to make sure it is OK

Comment

Working...
        X