X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Yamaha 115 won't fire before 8 am

I'm new here so bare with me
    i have a 1984/85 115 that won't crank for the first hour of the day
    I've checked the wires , plugs and battery also unplugged the harness and no change
    But it always starts at some point and runs fine all day I can let it sit for hour's and it still cranks right back up just won't start first thing in the morning I know I'm losing fire but don't understand why being that it will start to fire and run fine from then on

if no spark to plugs ,dew getting something wet and shorting voltage out.
    might even be the man overboard switch

when it will not start is when you should be troubleshooting to see if voltages into and out of CDI are in spec.
    Last edited by 99yam40; 07-28-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks, thought I would get some input on this but yea that's my next step
      ive disconnected everything I could and spun it over manuely but short of putting a test meter on could find nothing wrong
      ​​​​

Comment

Do you mean it won't fire or it won' t start?....maybe Primestart/choke/enrichening device/starting procedure is off ?.....

Comment

No fire, it's done this a couple of times before and I just passed it off as a fuel supply problem confirmed this morning that in fact it had no spark so I disconnected the harness and kill circuit from the CDI pack and jumped the solenoid got no spark
          so I checked all the wires on the motor and found no visible damage
          So I stepped away for a bit to think that's when I posted my comment, went back jumped the solenoid and it started rite up

Comment

checking all of the wires could have moved them around and made a good connection or removed a short to ground

Comment

Update, the issue did reoccur
              run the motor everyday until it happened again then check over the entire system even pulled the flywheel found nothing
              Called an old buddy of mine and after a long discussion about the pack he came over with a new pack
              We pulled the pack the he breaks out a magnifying glass and there was what appeared to be a tiny split on the left
              Has not reoccurred sence
              ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X