2004 200 hpdi bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 200 hpdi bogging

Motor runs normal at all rpm's. Until I run at idle speed for about 1hr. Idle is 600rpm's. Engine starts bogging. Then when tying to run. I will get about 2100rpm's. After 5 to 15min's engine will clear. Here's what has been done;

complete power head rebuild at 800hrs.
    high pressure fuel pump rebuilt
    replace entire fuel system including tank and all lines and filters
    replace spark plugs every 50hrs.
    replace O2 sensor
    new batteries
    This has been a 3year bogging ordeal. 4 different Yamaha dealers. Engine now has 1351hrs.
    Last edited by Deitzbob; 08-14-2014, 06:03 AM.

This problem has occurred prior to the powerhead rebuild and after the rebuild, including all new fuel lines, fuel tank and yamaha primer ball. I will check the primer ball on my next trip. Just to clarify it seems like two cylinders are not firing when it is bogging at idle speed and it takes a while for them to clear as I raise the rpms and you hear them clear one at a time. Yamaha tech did connect computer during bogging failure and the engine had no errors. Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by Deitzbob; 08-13-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

this was a common problem with the 2.6l hpdi.
      check the link and sync.
      set the plug gap per the tech bulliten using a .060" pin.
      check the o2 sensor output voltage.
      are you sure its an 04 model with the twin drivers or is it an 03 and earlier with a single driver?

Comment

Thanks for your response. I'm an elevator troubleshooting tech. so bare with me on outboards. I will learn how to check the link&sync. and do so. The plugs are at .058 will replace with new and set to .060. Is the o2 sensor a variable resistor through heat of the engine? If it is I guess I should make sure the thermastats are working correctly.What voltage should I see at normal operating temp? I bought the engine new in 04. Is there a way I could check the number of drivers. Are these fuel injection drivers?

Comment

if you would be so kind to simply post the engine model number I could make some educated guess's.

Comment

Model #z200txrc ID #6g6x-1016559 thanks agin for your help.

Comment

carefully check the linkage.
              but the Z 2.6L motors tended to foul plugs when run extended periods between about 1000-1500 RPM.
              once you know everything is good there are some tricks to try.
              your engine has the twin injector driver which worked better than the single driver.
              have you checked the plug cap resistance?

Comment

Working...
              X