Hard Start Pro V150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Start Pro V150

I have a 1987 Pro V150. I have just installed Boysen reeds and had the heads resurfaced. I also had to replace the exhaust plate and cover. Once it starts it runs great but the motor takes forever to start. After I get it started first thing the rest of the day it is fine. I have replaced all the fuel lines and filters. I also have replaced both fuel pumps. I have installed new plugs as well. Any ideas? I appreciate any help!!!

I don't see any mention of the choke mechanism or the choke solenoid having been inspected. Why not?

Comment

The choke is working fine. I have to choke it a lot to just get it to fire. I have had a hard starting issue with it for a while and after I have done all the work it seems like its worse. At times it takes over 5 minutes to get it started. I crank it for a while and let it sit for the starter to cool off. I never crank it for more than 15 seconds or so. I have never had a motor so hard to start. Once you get it fired up initially all you have to do is touch the key after that and it will start right up.

Comment

Looks like its time for a thorough carburetor cleaning. Completely dis-assembled and cleaned in a heated ultrasonic cleaner. All stuff reset to factory specifications.

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks I will do that and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X