inconsistant rpm 1998 s150 txrw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconsistant rpm 1998 s150 txrw

Every now and then, not too often lately, rpm will drop intermittently as though a cylinder is dropping out or motor is not getting enough fuel. Full throttle will barely get above 4k rpm. Today it started doing it after about 20 min of running at about 45k rpm. I have found that when I turn the motor off and then restart it the problem is gone . Today I ran another 45 min and had no problems. After making various fishing stops with no problems, we headed back to port. Once again after about 20 min, started loosing power again. I switched it off, and restarted, again the problem was gone for the rest of our return trip. Only thing I did notice is that the other day the water was flat, I was able to run a good long time at WOT with no issues. Today there was a bit of a chop. Don't think it's foreign matter being sucked into the pickup screen, the primer bulb never calapses at any time. I recently changed thermostats, spark plugs and both fuel filters. This ability to correct the problem by stopping and restarting seems to me to be pointing to ignition/electrical issue. Has anyone had this kind of problem? Thank You.

yes sometimes rpm drop when boat climbing swells or fighting current

Comment

yes, changing loads on the engine will change rpm but this is abnormal rpm change. It does not vary with the hull climbing or decending swells. Thankyou for your reply though.

Comment

Working...
      X