ptt headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ptt headache

The PTT on my '93 yamaha 130 has decided to raise and lower at random. Anyone have this happen?

Probably a shagged switch or damaged wiring harness

Comment

Do a search... It does happen on different models and as I re-call, the switch (if equippped) on the engine sometimes corrodes up and has the issues you have.

The throttle T&T switch will sometime do the same.

You should be able to unplug the engine switch under the cowl. Try un-plugging it and see if it stops. If it does, that switch is your issue..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I unplugged and removed the motor ptt switch, and the problem is still there. Does the circuit activate a relay?

Comment

No relay

No relay on the PTT got to be a faulty switch on the console side or harness then
          Try hooking the motor switch back up and unplug the square plug that leads to the front controls tilt switch should work motor side then.
          Check you p.m. for a diagram

Comment

Yamaha motors have T&T relays so not sure what you are talking about

Comment

Throttle switch bad/wet if motor switch didn't fix

Comment

It was the trim/tilt switch on the throttle handle. The ignition panel has another trim/tilt switch, and the 2 plug together behind that panel. Unplugged the switch, and could not get the fault. Don't know if switch or wiring broke. Still got a trim/tilt switch on console and motor, so we're good to go tubing tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  Yamaha motors have T&T relays so not sure what you are talking about
                  Sorry you're right 99 my bad adaptolife hope the diagram helped glad you got it fixed happy tubing.

Comment

Working...
                  X