Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 40hp oil pump block off plate

​​​​​​

I know the oil injection bypass thing has been beat to death. I don't wana have the bypass or don't bypass conversation. I bought a motor that was already bypassed. The tank & bracket are gone & im not going buy the parts to redo the oil injection. I was rebuilding carbs & decided to pull off the oil pump to see if whoever did the bypass removed the shaft & they did not. It was still there. Id rather put it back together with a block off plate instead of putting the pump back on. Problem is I can't find one listed for the outboards, they are all for jetskis. Does anyone know of a plate for the outboards? Specifically a 1997 40tlrv.

would it be easier to just pull the driven gear and put the pump back on?
    not sure if that would work or not

Comment

Don't know about a factory plate, but if it's a flat surface, why not simply make a plate of say 1/8" (or thicker aluminum).

I don't see a gasket: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha.../oil-pump-1-mh but looks pretty small and simple with only two holes..

I'd make up a card board template first, then transfer to metal..

Looks pretty easy to make up one:

A triangularish plate, two holes and some case sealer (or gasket) as the O-ring (pictured above) won't be there anymore..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-08-2019, 07:48 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yeah, if I have to make one I will. I was really hoping there was one I could just buy. The ones for the jetskis are only $12-15, my time is worth way more than that.

Comment

Ok, I just realized the shaft for the oil pump is 2 pieces. Do I need to remove the inner half? Will it come loose inside my crankcase if not attached to the pump/other half?

Comment

Disregard my last. I just got a mirror & looked down in the hole & the inner piece is already gone. I reckon whoever did the oil inject delete removed the inner piece & left the one thats attached to the pump itself.

Comment

Working...
            X