No announcement yet.

1991 225TXRP: screams to 4800 rpms and then backs off to 4000'ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. We had a chance to run on the lake today and squire 50/1 into intake. It worked but not as we had expected. We thought it would have an impact on the top carb(s) and it didn't...but in fact it pulsed us heading to max RPM by squirting into the lower carb which has the cleanest plugs.

So upon inspection we could see that the lower starboard side carb was not dumping fuel at the high speed jet...pretty much nothing coming out. I think we found a winner!

Took the boat back to the bench and pulled the carb...disassembled again and do a more complete cleaning and reset the floats. Nothing looked out of place or incorrect but this carb (starboard) was a bit dirtier then the port side.

I'm still a bit concerned on the upper and to a lessor extend the middle plugs looking pretty oily why the lower plugs (especially the offending carb) on the starboard being very dry/clean...figured it would be oiling up from lack of fuel. With that said I'll quit over thinking the oil....

Back to the local lake tomorrow to give it another shot and see if we solved what appeared to be MIA fuel from that high speed jet.

Comment

The carbs need to be cleaned properly, they are pretty hard to get all the passages clean, make sure you do them very carefully, the carb itself is pretty simple to pull to bits and re-assemble, if a carb is running lean it can clean the plugs real good, and then melt the pistons.......

Comment

Working...
      X