X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you motorheads

You know who you are. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=w6PgUx6LZVM

Cool video...amazing graphics.

We had a radial "cut away" engine in school that you could turn over by hand and watch it's innards working. I remember looking at it and thinking somebody put a pile of work into making this engine an education piece.

I don't remember what model it was....hmm

Comment

We had one in my A&P class. It was powered by a motor so that one could stare and wonder at it all. P&W R980 I am guessing. Single row nine cylinders.

I suspect it was something the school got surplus from the Air Force. Lot's of out stuff we had was donated ex military crap. B26, T33's, C45's and the like. If it was not crap when we got it, we made it so.

I fondly remember those good old days of being newly and wonderously exposed to all sorts of stuff I had never ever heard of.

Comment

I was hoping to see a HP rating on that little radial

Comment

You can also almost feel the torque at which all the bolts,nuts and screws are tightened at!
          This animation makes you notice how it functions.
          As brilliant as the design is, it is a pity that the push rods are not perpendicular with the rockers meaning that the curvature of the combustion chamber (where the valves protrude perpendicular), is considerably greater than the curvature of the cams. If only that cam could have been placed closer to the crankshaft.

Comment

That "crank shaft plate" (lower rod) ends, are a work of art!!…

Very neat!!!
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X