Tilt Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Relay

I need a Yamaha 68F-81950-00-00 tilt relay. It's for a 2000 Z150TXRY motor. Sure would like to save a few bucks on this thing.

You have come to the right place then if you want to pay less for Yamaha parts.

Boat Parts: 68F-81950-00-00

Comment

Thanks but I'm hoping to do better. I've found it for your price.

Comment

So you come here to boats.net's website and use their free to you band width to try and find a better place to buy a Yamaha part?

That takes a lot of gall mister.

Have you thought of going to your local Yamaha dealer to ask them if they know of another dealer that will sell you the relay cheaper than they will sell it to you for?

Do you go to your wife to ask if her sister's ***** is more tastier than hers is?

If I knew of a place to buy that relay for cheaper, do you think that I would use boats.net's website to tell you about it? Not a chance.

Comment

I hoped to find a used relay I could buy and I thought the purpose of this forum and other forums for that matter is to help each other. I didn't realize it was strictly a boats.net parts outlet. So if you work for boats.net it will be a cold day in hell when I buy the part from them. If you don't you need to butt out if you aren't going to be helpful.

Comment

And yes, I do have a lot of gall if I can save some money on a $250 part.

Comment

I don't know about Boscoe but I don't work for boats.net.
              I do work at Joe's marine in Wanchese NC and I am a Yamaha master tech.
              if you buy it used make sure you get at least a 30 day warrenty.
              lots of cleaned up flood damaged stuff on the net.
              best would be bite the ole bullet and buy a new one.
              you outta see what happens when a relay sticks and the thermal contactor in the trim motor fails to open.
              then you typically get to do a trim motor,trim relay and an engine wireing harness.

Comment

No, I don't work for boats.net. In fact, I don't work at all. Any more.

I am on what most will call a fixed income. And I like to get my parts for the least amount possible.

But, I am not so cheap as to go to a Yamaha dealers website and beg for the cheapest part I can find, depriving them of making money.

Boats.net has some of, if not the, lowest prices for new genuine parts.

Mr. Rodbolt, I suspect you have some old removed relays laying around. Looks like this fellow needs one. He is after cheap, not quality. Please help him out.

Comment

That's very good advice and you're right, I wouldn't buy a used one without some assurance by way of a guarantee. In my case the relay did stick..in the raise position and it took a while to realize that when I thought it was failing to lower the motor, it was actually stuck trying to raise the motor with the tilt motor running continuously. Fortunately I found it before there was further damage; I verified it by swapping relays with my other motor. In the end I'm sure I'll end up buying a new relay but I thought I'd give it a few days while I have it out of the water for bottom painting. Thanks for your courteous response.

Comment

typically that's caused by a sticking or water contaminated trim switch on the control or pan.

typically an actual relay stick is immediately after using the trim.
                    at rest BOTH contactors go to ground by a spring loading on the contactor.

Comment

Originally posted by bls-fla View Post
                      I hoped to find a used relay I could buy and I thought the purpose of this forum and other forums for that matter is to help each other.
                      There are used part sellers and web sites, but this is not one of them.
                      This is one that helps people with problems they cannot find the right way to troubleshoot and find them.
                      E _ay is full of used parts but this site does not condone people advertising stuff for sale or people asking for stuff for sale in the open forum.
                      PMs are the way to go for private matters or find the sites that are open to it

Comment

I don't have any used stuff like that here at the house.
                        the shop may but we wont warrenty any used electrical parts.
                        most places wont.

Comment

Working...
                        X