F9.9 Tiller to 703 Remote Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F9.9 Tiller to 703 Remote Conversion

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've just purchased a Yamaha F9.9 (2015 model I believe) with electric start and tiller control. I've also bought the 703 side mount remote and the conversion kit required to install it. I'm confident I can figure out how to hook up the throttle and shift cables, but the 703 comes with a 7-pin wiring harness which doesn't plug and play with the motor. I would like to wire in a matching harness to the motor so it can be connected and disconnected in the winter when I take the motor off the boat for storage. Does anyone know if this is something I can do or if a qualified Yamaha mechanic needs to work on this for me. I was hoping I could find a wiring diagram and do it myself, but so far have not had much luck. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Need the complete model of the motor.

Comment

it's an F9.9LEHB

Comment

The 703 control box with a seven pin harness means it is for a motor that does not have trim and tilt. Which your motor does not have.

You are going to have to find the engine side seven pin connector that will mate with the connector at the end of the seven pin harness coming from your control box. Not sold separately by Yamaha as far as I know. Try Ebay or the innerweb.

Below are the diagrams for your motor and an F9.9LEB model that uses a remote control. A ten pin connector is shown but it only uses 6 leads. You don't even need that many since your motor does not have an electric choke and more than likely, no tachometer. I have highlighted in yellow the components that will be disconnected in your motor so as to be connected to an engine side seven pin connector that will mate with the boat side seven pin connector.

Capiche?

Comment

Thanks so much! this is the kind of information i've been looking for. However, the diagrams you attached are not showing up. Could you try posting them again? Or even emailing them to me at adam.alexander772@gmail.com? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by SV_RONER View Post
            Thanks so much! this is the kind of information i've been looking for. However, the diagrams you attached are not showing up. Could you try posting them again? Or even emailing them to me at adam.alexander772@gmail.com? Thanks a lot!
            they show up for me
            Last edited by 99yam40; 06-28-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Yep, I got it now too

Comment

Originally posted by SV_RONER View Post
                Email sent. Diagrams are in the back. Better clarity than what I posted.

Comment

Working...
                X