OX66 oil transfer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 oil transfer question

Was running the boat today for the first time this season. when i hit a wake the low oil alarm went off. By the time i slowed down it stopped. Went on my way. Few minutes later hit another wake. Same thing. This time i stopped and pulled the cover. The oil level was just above the low mark on the engine tank which seems to make sense why the alarm was going off after hitting a wake. I hit the manual transfer button to transfer oil. It seemed to fill the tank to the half way mark( i released the manual transfer switch) but i couldnt hear the pump running in the remote tank and it was tough to see the level in the tank in direct sun light. Took it back to the slip. No issues. Pulled the cover . The tank was full. For the hell of it i tried the manual switch again and didnt hear the pump in the remote tank. My question is. If the tank is full. Will that disable the manual override switch? I plan on using the boat this weekend. Just wanna make sure theres no problems

Thanks
    Mike

There is no override for the manual transfer switch. If the ignition is on, the transfer switch is closed, the pump is working, and there are no clogs in the system, oil will be pumped until the main engine mounted tank over flows.

Comment

Thanks boscoe. Had a bad feeling someone was going to say that. Does the float in the engine mounted tank control the pump im the remote tank?
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicMike View Post
        Thanks boscoe. Had a bad feeling someone was going to say that. Does the float in the engine mounted tank control the pump im the remote tank?
        thanks
        The float in the engine mounted tank tells the ECU when it is low on oil. The ECU then tells the pump in the boat mounted tank to come on. It does automatically what you did by pressing the switch. When the float rises to the full level it tells the ECU. The ECU turns the pump off. This happens automatically without anyone being aware of it.

But first, the remote tank sensor has to tell the ECU that it has sufficient oil in it. If the remote tank is low on oil then the automatic transfer system will not function.

There is a wire harness that runs from the motor to the remote oil tank. Blue connectors at each end. Disconnect the connectors and check for corrosion or anything else that would result in poor connectivity. Those connectors can be problematic over time and with use.

Comment

Working...
        X