No announcement yet.

99 yamaha s200 txrx carburated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so to clear up some things yes I have checked all the harnesses on the electrical, all grounds and cables to the battery. The stator was changed because one of the ignition coils was burnt with a new one from boats.net. I had check all the electrical components at the shop and took it to the lake and when it started acting up I re checked all my readings again. I also installed a new form boats.net cdi unit due to the timing issue took it back to the lake and after it started the rpm drops I rechecked and found the pulsar coil wouldn't read after about an hour reading s were back again. My question and I know being a coil have you ever seen them come and go like that? also yes I have checked all my readings on stator and CDI unit which I posted before. thanks again for your input. the reason I did start the new thread I was just generally asking about the coil being bad and then reading good.

Comment

OK,
      what are you calling a stater?
      everything under the flywheel?
      the charge,lighting, and pulser coils?

and how are you testing?
      ohms or peak voltages?
      Last edited by 99yam40; 06-28-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

And are you using a peak voltage adapter on your multimeter?

Go here for good information on CDI ignition systems.

http://www.cdielectronics.com

Do you have a Yamaha manual for your engine?

Comment

What is the exact model number off the data plate on the transom bracket?? Starts with a "6'

Comment

Yes I ohm out everything first then I use a (cdi) dva meter to get readings. I know what each component is under the flywheel and checked per manual. Look like six digit is 506646

Comment

Working...
            X