tilt and trim relief screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt and trim relief screw

Hi there....really hoping for some help. My relay switch recently went out on 2006 60 HP 4 stroke. I have been using the relief screw to lower motor in desired position because I'm waiting for next paycheck to fix it. Now the screw is so tight I can not get it to loosen at all...in fact I believe its made of brass? And I stripped it like a complete moron. Now what? How can I get this stripped screw out of such a awkward area and get my motor to move? I have trip planned this week and I'm at a loss!

You could just jump power to the trim and tilt motor to get through the weekend (although it would be a pain in the ass) and dangerous

Comment

The bypass on my motor was mostly stripped when I got it but there was enough left to use an impact screw driver on it and it did let go. Since it is brass, you might be able to deepen the slot with the edge of a file before hitting it with the impact. (I got the impact screw driver at Ace for $13 with a bit that just fit the slot. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X