Trim gauge for f70 on sun catcher pontoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim gauge for f70 on sun catcher pontoon

I ordered a new Faria trim gauge to match my other gauges. I don't see the pink or orange trim wire under the console. So if I order the harness for it, where in the cowl, does it plug into or what does it look like. I see a four pin connector with four pink wires that has nothing plugged into it. Not sure if that is the one. Plus other empty connectors. A detailed picture would be nice... Anyone ever have this same situation?

The Yamaha trim/oil harness will plug into the ivory coloured nylon connector laying in the engine pan. The wire colours are pink, pink/white and pink/black. The solid pink wire is for the trim gauge.

Not a very good photo but here is a link to the trim/oil harness. You decide the length you need to buy.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

thanks for the info.

thank you Boscoe, thats what i kind of thought but wasnt sure. i will have to order the harness. also, does the harness supply power, ground and lighting to the gauge also?

Comment

The harness that I referenced provides the trim sender information only. Plus grounds for warning lamps if any are installed.

Power and ground comes from the key switch. If you have a tachometer in place you can usually jumper power and ground from it.

Look at the diagram on the page linked below for a Yamaha gauge. Should be more or less the same for a Faria but it won't be plug and play.\

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

trim sender wire

so in all actuallity, instead of purchasing the full harness, it would be better to run a single wire from the motor to the console? thats my thought. especially if the other three wires are useless for me. i already have analog tach and speedo and fuel gauge. then all i would do is jumper power,ground and lighting to the trim gauge.

Comment

Better is in the eye of the beholder.

I would use the Yamaha harness and then add two LED's at the helm. One for over temperature and one for low oil pressure. That way, if you get an alarm, you will know what the problem is.

Your call of course. Many use but a single wire if all that is desired is trim information. Some don't even think that trim information is useful.

Comment

trim sender gauge

I went with the trim gauge to fill an empty hole in the dash. plus its hard to see my motor when on the water to tell what position it is in. thought about an hour meter to fill the hole but went the other way.i think there is some sort of oil alarm already. it is a grey little circular thing on the back of the ignition that has a pink wire with red dashes on it that comes from the main harness. any idea what that is??

Comment

Most all Yamaha's have a warning horn that will sound if the engine over temps or has low oil pressure in the case of a four stroke. That circular thing you are seeing is the horn.

The horn will sound if you have an oil pressure or over temp issue but without the lights you won't know which it is.

The horn says there is a problem. The lights say what the problem is.

Comment

ok thanks for the info. as far as the led lights, do you just splice in the bulb to the wire? or can you buy a plug in type?

Comment

Working...
                  X