2014 Yamaha 175 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Yamaha 175 HPDI

New here just have one question....My 175 just got to 10 hrs when it bogged down....Couldnt go over 1000rpm...Just got it from the shop other than where i bought it and this was the problem.....several linkages out of adjustment<spark plugs heavily fouled due to oil pump linkage out of sync...heavily fouled o2 sensor...why isnt this a warranty issue??

The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship from the factory. From what you describe, I perceive your problems to be related to the dealers/boat builders installation of the motor. That is, I did not read of any defective parts in your post.

Was the motor corrected by the same dealer that sold you the motor? Sounds like you went to a different dealer. He had no part in the problems and needs to be paid for his time. He probably saw no factory defects and therefore would not file a warranty claim with Yamaha.

Based on what you have written, and if the motor left the dealer improperly set up, then I believe the selling dealer should be the one paying for any necessary adjustments. Why did you not take it back to the dealer who sold it to you? All of the corrections might not have cost you a dime.

If you cannot get any recourse from the selling dealer (highly unlikely since you did not go back to him for correction of his faulty work) then call Yamaha Customer Support. They often times will pay for stuff like this to be corrected on a goodwill basis. Yamaha can pay the dealer for his time and the dealer can reimburse you for what you paid to the other dealer.

Good luck.

Comment

I didnt go back to the seller cause he is 3 hrs away and this guy is like 10 mins from mmy house...

Comment

O sorry,thank you for the reply and advise,much appreciated

Comment

as part of the PDI sheet you signed at purchase there is a place for the PDI tech to sign off that ALL the link and sync and oil pump bleeding procedures were done.
          typically its the new guy/rigger that simply checks the boxes cause its new and gotta be right.

Comment

Working...
          X