Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wires are these?

(Engine info in signature)

The engine runs fine, but I found these two wires laying inside the upper casing on the port side with no obvious place to connect them to. I started to trace them backwards, but got sidetracked and forgot about it. The engine is in Maine... I'm in PA. I also tried to ID them by looking through my SM, but no luck (or at least I didn't look in the right place). Are they just extra? Used for some sort of diagnostics? I thought the Winky Blinky used a square, plastic connector...

Edit: I'm not sure how to make the pic bigger, but you can drag it to a new tab/window and then zoom in some. One connector has a double grey wire, the other is a double black wire, with bullet connectors.

Last edited by DennisG01; 06-21-2019, 12:20 PM.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Any chance we could get the complete model identity? Not all Yams use the same wires.

And a bigger photo.

Comment

Absolutely. I'll work on figuring out a way to get a bigger photo - the only way I know of how to do it (so far) is to drag the photo to a new tab/window and then zoom in. But I'll see if I can figure out a way to do it within the post.

For the model identity... is there something different that I don't have listed in my signature? Happy to provide it - I just don't know exactly what else to get?

Comment

Comment

Where is your signature? I can't find the model.

Comment

Looks to be a VX, DX, VZ, SX, LX, Z or some type of model that uses a vapor separator tank.

Comment

seems like this has happened before on here, someone thinks everone can see their signature so they refuse to say what motor they are talking about.
              not sure who that was

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                seems like this has happened before on here, someone thinks everone can see their signature so they refuse to say what motor they are talking about.
                not sure who that was
                Can you see the model identity?

Comment

Strange I can see his signature when I am not logged on but not there when I am..

Anyway here it is:

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Can you see the model identity?
                    no and I cannot turn on signatures in my profile

Comment

The signature is there when I am not logged on, and disappears when logged on!

Comment

That's really weird about the signatures. Now that you guys mention it, I do recall conversations in the past about sometimes not being able to see them. For what it's worth, I can see mine - regardless if I'm logged in or not... but I can not see anyone else's, regardless if I'm logged in or not. I'm on a computer right now - but on another forum, when using a phone, the signatures can only be seen when holding your phone sideways. Not sure if that would make a difference here for those on phones.

Either way, thank you, Panasonic for posting it. Yes, it is: 2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T

Comment

I am almost blind from having studied every diagram that I can find for that model. Nada, zip, nothing. Black must be ground. Gray probably connected to the over temperature warning function. But why they are there if not needed is beyond me.

Comment

Thank you, Boscoe - it makes me feel a little better that you couldn't find it, either. Although I would rather you had been able to, of course. Sorry 'bout your eyes, though! I know what you mean - it seams every year those diagrams seem to made smaller and smaller...

Comment

Working...
                            X