Rpm High On Outboard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpm High On Outboard!!

I have a 30hp 2 stroke evinrude, i dont know the serial number but the engine is a older style. When i have the engine at low speed she works fine but more than half throttle the engine revs very high and i loose all speed. Can anyone help me with this problem!

Check your Propeller bushing - you can mark the prop and the prop shaft and see if they move in relation to each other after a run.
    Either that or engine is slipping out of gear.

Comment

You couldn´t get any help on Evinrude forum? Already notice that some other foruns have very low activity.

Test it with other prop

Comment

My first guess would also lean towards a slipping prop hub (it's that rubber part). Marking it is a good idea. They can be rebuilt.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

a slipping prop hub can be rebuilt???

I know some props allow change the hub kit to fit on diferent models...

Comment

ok thanks! I am waiting on a new propeller for the engine anyways, so that should fix the problem??

Comment

We hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                a slipping prop hub can be rebuilt???

I know some props allow change the hub kit to fit on diferent models...
                Yup, the rubber is basically just pressed in. It's an older design than the newer, hubs (plastic) that pull out.
                2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
                X