No announcement yet.

Woodruff key - Yamaha 90280-04M05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your thoughts guys! Matter is not the price of the key but its availability here. I was just wondering if someone knew this key's measures to try to find the same, out of Yamaha service where the part is on backorder. As far as I could measure it, it's not standard, and the part code doesn't give a good clue, it's not 4x5 (would be to easy!). 4 x 6.5 x 21 doesn't look standard (to me, perhaps someone with more experience with mechanics knows), my caliper is not digital and only metric, that's why I was asking if someone could tell me if the part measures are imperial.
    Just a small part I can't remove without destroying it, jammed in the drive shaft, makes the simple water pump maintenance last, last, last...!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      I am guessing so. Heavy emphasis on the guessing.
      the size of this part, with same code, is not the same than the one I have... looks strange.

Comment

4 x 6.5 x 21mm in imperial is:

4mm = 0.157" or close to 5/32" (.001" over)

6.5mm = 0.256" or close to 1/4" (.006" over)

21mm= 0.826" or close to 53/64" (.002" over)

It's a metric key.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Brilliant minds think alike. I was thinking the same. Learned something nonetheless.

You get any rain over your way? All around me. I got nada. Nothing. Zip. Squat. Dry as a bone here.
          Just a slight pee. Hoping for more as I just put down a second fertilization for the year. Centipede grass is the worst.....

Comment

Originally posted by OlivNewCal View Post
            Thanks for your thoughts guys! Matter is not the price of the key but its availability here. I was just wondering if someone knew this key's measures to try to find the same, out of Yamaha service where the part is on backorder. As far as I could measure it, it's not standard, and the part code doesn't give a good clue, it's not 4x5 (would be to easy!). 4 x 6.5 x 21 doesn't look standard (to me, perhaps someone with more experience with mechanics knows), my caliper is not digital and only metric, that's why I was asking if someone could tell me if the part measures are imperial.
            Just a small part I can't remove without destroying it, jammed in the drive shaft, makes the simple water pump maintenance last, last, last...!
            You can certainly remove without destroying. And I used to think the same.....

Comment

I've made my own keys for different engines (not designed for a separate key-key was part of the aluminum flywheel).

I have key way rod (rectangular and long) , you can use a slightly larger key.

I cut the rough dimensions with a cut off wheel. Then, holding it with a vise grip, trimmed the width with a bench mounted grinder. Mine happens to have a 40 grit sanding disc but a stone wheel would work fine.

Just sneak up slowly, especially on the width, as you know, it fits very snug...

I forgot how Rodbolt removes them, if someone remembers, re-posting may help...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X