1995 Yamaha 150 TXRT oil pumping issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Yamaha 150 TXRT oil pumping issue

The oil pump wont automatically fill the internal tank. I can fill the tank by using the switch on the motor. I believe the issue is the lever that senses if the motor is in the up or down position. I normally don't travel very far so Iv'e been just manually filling the tank before each trip. apparently there is a lever that can break that's connected to the sensor. Does anyone know the name of this part and is it a difficult fix?
    Thanks!

I believe this is the switch but I’m not sure
    Last edited by LEAD PIPE; 06-20-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

if the ECU sees or thinks the oil level in the remote tank is low the auto transfer will not work.
      and as you said some motors used the trim level to stop it, but somewhere along the way they switched to motor has to be running for auto to work.
      I do not know what your motor uses.

Comment

The part shown in your photos is the engine trim sender. Does the trim gauge on your motor work? If the CDI sees that the engine is trimmed up beyond 30* the automatic transfer system will not allow oil to be pumped. Also, if the remote tank is low on oil, or the CDI thinkis it is low, the auto transfer system won't work.

Comment

The trim gage does not work at this time.it stopped working the same time the oil issue started. That’s what lead me to believe they are connected.
          Last edited by LEAD PIPE; 06-21-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

There is your problem.

Comment

Ok how involved is this repair?

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD PIPE View Post
                Ok how involved is this repair?
                Buy a new switch, remove the bolts (screw heads), and the unit. Un-plug the harness from the main under hood harness, and yank the broke switch.

Reverse to install. Very easy fix...

You should be able to rotate the new switch when installing so it matches what your dash gauge shows.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Comment

Working...
                  X