Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha oil tank hose

Hello,

I am trying to replace the oil hose for my 1998 225 SWS. I looked on boats.net and found that part 90445-11M26-00 is obsolete. I dont see any replacement number for this. Does anybody know what the replacement part is? Is there aftermarket hose I can use instead?

Thanks,

Joe

It's just oil so you can get marine fuel hose (yes, technically it's called "fuel" hose) just about anywhere. Go to Trident's website and look at "marine fuel hose". There will be one that is labelled as "OB" use. The only difference is that that one is rated for UV exposure. If you walk into any local marina they should have it in stock or can get it for you (double check or bring a section with you for sizing).

Shields is another manufacturer, but I like Trident since it's family owned... by Bill Shields. Yup - the same Shields that originally started Shields Rubber - but Shields (the company) was taken over by larger companies and Bill restarted everything with Trident.
    Last edited by DennisG01; 07-29-2014, 03:11 PM. Reason: grammar
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Replaced by 90445-11M00-00.

90445-11M00-00 YAMAHA HOSE

Comment

Bosco,
        this number is good for motors up to 200hp. I am not sure if there is a difference in the hose diameter in the 200-300 hp range. Is there a difference?

Dennis,
        do you know what size hose it is? I have read 1/4, but since its metric, I am not sure if that is right?
        thanks,

Joe

Comment

Part number 90445-11M26-00 was replaced by 90445-11M00-00.

Go to any Yamaha OB dealer and order 90445-11M26-00. You (the dealer actually) will receive 90445-11M00-00.

Do you think Yamaha is going to provide a part that will not work with your motor?

Comment

Originally posted by jukes23 View Post
            Dennis,
            do you know what size hose it is? I have read 1/4, but since its metric, I am not sure if that is right?
            thanks,

Joe
            No, not off hand, Joe. My boat is in ME and I'm in PA. I have a spare 250HP in my garage, though, and the nipple on the engine-mounted tank (the straight part, not the "bulb"/"tip" part) measures 5/16" or 8mm. If you're near your boat, maybe you'll get lucky and still be able to see markings on the hose (might have to wipe it off).

If you look up the part numbers for your engine-mounted tank and then compare to mine (2000 250HP)... if they're the same, then you're good. Or the remote tank, too. I don't think that little inline filter has different sized nipples on it at each end???
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
            X