choking a T9.9XPA with 703 con*****er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choking a T9.9XPA with 703 con*****er

I have a 2012 T9.9XPA with a 703 con*****er installed as a *****ing motor. When cold starting using the key push function on the 703, it is very erratic, stalls, surging, etc. I have better luck pulling the manual choke out and completely then reducing it in stages every 10 seconds or so. Running to the back of the boat is a pain to do this. What does the key push in on the 703do ? Does it close the choke with a solenoid or does it pump in a bit of extra fuel ?

have you looked at your owners manual or taken the cowling off to inspect what is one the motor?
    Seems that would be the 1st things I would do

Comment

It closes the choke using a solenoid. Unfortunately it is an all or nothing proposition. The choke is either fully engaged or it is not.

Inspect the choke linkage to make sure that it works freely and correctly as someone presses in on the key to activate the choke function.

You just need to practice using the choke until you can figure out what works best with you and your motor.

Push in on the key when turning to the start position. Then, bump the key in and out as needed, with the key in the run position, to get the motor up and running. Don't be in a hurry. In other words, give the motor time at idle to warm up before putting it into gear.

Comment

Working...
      X