1989 90hp value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 90hp value

What would a ballpark price be for a brackish water, low hour 90hp ?
    All original, runs great, original lower unit in great shape.....rebuilt carbs, new water pump and seals.

I was told there is good demand since it is about the best motor ever in terms of power to weight.

I've seen a wide range of prices....

buying a 30 year old motor is rolling the dice, not sure what will come up.
    some times it is a winner, and sometimes it is not.

if someone wants one real bad they will pay a high price .
    just have to find the right guy

Comment

My C90 is a 1999 model and I wouldn't want to trade it for A newer 4 stroke motor mainly due to it's light weight, dependability, power, ease of maintenance....but with that said, most folks want a 4 stroke motor and I doubt the resale value on mine would be all that great....maybe $1500 to the guy who just wants one. My son runs 115 4stroke Yamaha and loves it...says mine is noisy, smokes too much, etc....I also still drive a Buick Roadmaster with the LT-1 350 V8....like my old stuff!

Comment

Gotcha on the old stuff....I have a 96 Roadmaster Lt-1 wagon....gets better mpg than my neighbor's Toy 4Runner with V6 and I paid 1/10 what he did for it.
        The new outboards get better mpg but the entry fee buys a lot of gas.....

Comment

Yep, mine is a 1996 model also...a sedan and I wish it was a wagon for all the extra room...

Comment

Water test...essential when buying used motor, especially one of that age. No better method of evaluating performance than running under load and WOT. Put the motor under stress, listen to its response.
            Jason
            1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

I've got one to sell. I think I'll leave on boat so it can be water tested so buyer can be confident. Problem is buyers are often far away and want it shipped. I guess a video would help in that case....

Comment

Working...
              X