85C not running on one cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85C not running on one cylinder

hello I have a 94 85c , and little history, I got the motor but it wouldn’t run good till I got wide open then you would feel the the cylinder kick in. Well I swapped cdi boxes compression 95 in all 3 holes, and I swapped carbs and plugs and just about everything. Well I decided to rebuild it.
    Had it bored, head shaved a ltitle etc. motor ran get for a year with no issues. Well Sunday I went to use it and battery was dead. Which is unusual. Well Sunday evening I put another batterie in it and it fired up and ran great, I went to idle down to stop and it would idle. So I adjusted the idle and all the sudden im back to this sluggish motor like lest year.

I limped it home, checked compression and it’s 115-110-115, water seperator was clear, carbs were clear, good fresh fuel in it, no fuel leaks, brand new fuel pump, I swapped coils, plugs, carbs etc. what it does when it’s at idle
    you can pull that plug wire off and it won’t change the idle, but if you stick your hand over the carb it tries to die . I took number one coil wire and put it on 2s plug and started it. Well it ran roughy because of timing, but when I pulled plug boot off idle did change. And with that 1 cylinder wouldn’t fire.

so I think I narrowed it down to #2 spot on cdi not working. Or that hole is firing late or early. Also to note the pissed water was hot a hell. Can anyone please help! Thanks

Kinda confusing post, ^^^. You said it would idle, then adjusted the idle?????

How were the carbs "clear"?

So right now it's missing on a cylinder and pissing hot water?

Is there a RPM reduction and any alarms?

When was the last time the water pump was changed?

Do you have access to a spark tester?

We need to narrow down all you posted, spark, WP, etc...

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X