F225txrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225txrd

I have had this motor for about 4 years now and not had an issue, ran it the other day and it felt a little sluggish bot had full boat. didn't think much of it, then I stopped to swim and upon restarting it would start and die right away again and again. I then advanced the throttle in neutral and it ran smooth at 1000 rpms dropped back to idle and it sputtered and stalled. finally got back to the slip and it continues to do the same thing start and die immediately in neutral with rpms at 1000 it runs smooth but bring it back to idle it stalls out. Any ideas?

Water in the fuel? Happened to me last week.

Comment

Hi Jim - I would check the fuel filter cup for water. Replace the spark plugs and inspect the ones that you remove. Make sure the fuel tank is venting and make sure the primer bulb isn't going soft.. You might also want to perform a link/sync according to the service manual. But it might just be water in the fuel or fouled plugs.
      2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Besides checking the under cowl fuel filter for water, drain the VST, one screw on the bottom, and catch what comes out.

You can squeeze the primer bulb to flush / more fuel thru the VST as well..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X