Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Yamaha F225TURA gauge, throttle, and ignition wiring diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha F225TURA gauge, throttle, and ignition wiring diagram.

Hey guys, I picked up a used boat with twin Yamaha outboards and I discovered that a mouse made a mess of things in the already questionable wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing part numbers for the wiring harnesses, throttle, fuel sensors/gauges, and ignition? Also, I am considering upgrading my gauges. Are there newer gauges available for these older engines? The installed ones appear to be working but they take up a lot of space and since I have replace the harnesses I might as well consider newer options.

Starboard Outboard - F225TURA - 69J U 150752 R
    Port Outboard - LF225TURA - 69K U 100263 R

Gauges Left to Right - Speed, Fuel Management, Tach, Tach. There are no part numbers written on these front or back. Missing pic of the 3 fuel gauges for my 3 fuel tanks at this time, but they are simple analog fuel gauges.

Something like the diagram in this link would be great (my engines are 4 stroke so it would be slightly different)

Thanks!

Edit: Link wasn't working. See the sample diagram at http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...7&d=1364936508
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bowbalitic; 06-12-2019, 02:44 PM.

Last edited by boscoe99; 06-12-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

www.gaugesaver.com

Comment

Thanks boscoe99! The above image shows the single fuel tank tied into the speed gauge. What is the best practice for 3 tanks when 2 tanks are typically dedicated to separate outboard and 1 tank is spare?

Also, these things in the attached picture were attached to the wiring harness. I don't see them shown on the above diagram, any idea what they are for? Their label says OMRON G2MW-Y22. The OMRON G2MW part number seems to reference Automotive Relays but I cant find the entire part number or figure out what they would be for.

Thanks again.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowbalitic View Post
          Thanks boscoe99! The above image shows the single fuel tank tied into the speed gauge. What is the best practice for 3 tanks when 2 tanks are typically dedicated to separate outboard and 1 tank is spare?

Also, these things in the attached picture were attached to the wiring harness. I don't see them shown on the above diagram, any idea what they are for? Their label says OMRON G2MW-Y22. The OMRON G2MW part number seems to reference Automotive Relays but I cant find the entire part number or figure out what they would be for.

Thanks again.
          From memory I am thinking the speedometer has but one fuel tank input. A three position rotary or toggle switch can be used to select tank one, tank two or tank three.

The wire colours are those used for the trim and tilt control relays. Let me see if I can come up with anything on those relays. What type of throttle/shift control box do you have?

Comment

What are the letters that are the white band that is on the black covering for the wires?

Comment

Looks to me like someone opened up a 704 control box and did not reinstall the trim tile relays.

Comment

Thank you! The white lettering was simply P and S for the Port and Starboard outboards. I will be back on the boat this Saturday so I will confirm my control box. I haven't opened up the control box yet, but it looked like there was some jury rigging done to it. I'll see what has to be done then.

Comment

Working...
                X