Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replace LED gauges with conventional ? How to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replace LED gauges with conventional ? How to ?

1988 Yamaha 90 hp triple the two Yamaha LED gauges are toast and in my opinion replacements are too expensive. So I want to replace with conventional gauges by Faria or Teleflex or ? Any suggestions ? Pretty much plug and play or an electrical nightmare ? I'm thinking speedo, tach , fuel ,12 volt and trim at the least. Possibly water pressure. Thoughts ?

It won't be plug and play but it won't be an electrical nightmare either.

Most gauges need at a minimum 12 volt power power and a ground. The tachometer will need a tachometer signal which should be available at the dash.

Get a trim gauge that matches the resistance of a Yamaha sender.

The water pressure gauge won't even need electrical power unless you want it lighted for night time use.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      It won't be plug and play but it won't be an electrical nightmare either.

Most gauges need at a minimum 12 volt power power and a ground. The tachometer will need a tachometer signal which should be available at the dash.

Get a trim gauge that matches the resistance of a Yamaha sender.

The water pressure gauge won't even need electrical power unless you want it lighted for night time use.
      How do I find out the resistance value of the Yamaha sender for the trim ?

Comment

eaiset way is to crack open the service manual.
        as most of us post after shop hours me, dunno about the rest, don't sit here with manuals.
        but its the internet, cant post anything that's not true.

Comment

rodbolt17 I don't have a factory repair manual but I do have an aftermarket repair manual from West Marine I will see if the values are in there. I was just hoping someone would know what it was. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X