1986 50hp 2 stroke trim relay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbnp View Post
    So I have everything connected. Check the voltage when pressing up or down coming out of the switch 12.10v, checked the voltage right before the replay 10.5v. after the relay I get a 0v reading. So I think the relay isn't switching over right? Any ideas on what the issue may be. I've done some trouble shooting based on searching charged battery and redid connections, what am I missing. Thanks
    Low. Way low. Too damn low.

Comment

Let's start over. All over. Disconnect the power feeds to the pump motor as shown in the illustration below. Connect those leads to a known good battery. Tell us that the pump motor now runs. You can reverse the leads and the pump motor should go the opposite way, up or down, than it did.

Comment

I thought he already did that

Originally posted by shaunbnp View Post
        Yes the motor work fine goes up and down when hooking up the the battery. I've had to replace the remote control on the console as well so maybe a issue with that too. I'll just have to tinker around with it.

Comment

Correct. The pump works goes up and down when connected directly to power

Comment

I don't want to go back in time. Time to start the whole process over again. So we can figure out where you are. What you have done. What you have not done what the results are. It can be difficult to troubleshoot in person. Doubly moreso via the innerweb.

Comment

Comment

Previous

Comment

Working...
                X