New to me 2006 Yamaha F200TXR cutoff 29 foot from dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 2006 Yamaha F200TXR cutoff 29 foot from dock

Just bought the boat 06 Sea Hunt 22bx. Test run the motor on muffs in the driveway. Got 20 fett from the ramp and it cutoff. Pumped the bulb..nothing happened.got it back home. Changed the Fuel water separator cartridge, the fuel filter in the bowl, tried to start on time. Changed the filter on the top of the LP pump, direct wired pump it operates and pumps HP pump comes on at ignitiion on for 10 sec. I drained the VST and got about a 1/4 pint of water.opened it up and there was a thimble of sludge but filter was clean. Did not have a psi gauge but when i diconnected the gas line there was very little residula pressure. Plugs are new and they were dry and they fire. I am thinking a new HP pump. The Tach did not work but i believe it is bad as the person i bought the boat from had just about everything under the concsole wired wrong. What am I missing....any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Afterhours12 View Post
    I am thinking a new HP pump.
    so this disaster just happened recently?

Certainly sitting in water will kill the pump -
    not good for the working of the fuel injectors, either

You can easily check the functioning of the pump,
    there is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail to attach a gauge.

At key on, the pump should run for a few seconds, and build pressure to ~44 psi.

Are you sure you have all the water out?
    If the pump does run, it should result in some 'circulation'
    I would drain the VST several times, to make sure.

Comment

Schrader to measure rail pressure

Comment

Happened this past Sunday. I know there is not water from the micron water separator to the and including the VST drained it all and added fresh gas to the micron filter when I installed it. Will check the fuel rail today. Thank you

Comment

I would be very concerned about where the water came from.
          there is a very good chance that there is a lot more water in the tank.
          all that is needed is get the boat/tank at the proper angle or slosh the water around by moving the boat around and the water is picked up again.

may need to drain and clean the tank of all water before adding all fresh gas.
          any water in e fuel will kill the fuel and needs to be dumped

fuel flows thru the pump motor to lube and cool it,

run water thru it and that is not good.

Comment

Just wanted to update....ended up pumping 12 gallons of water out of the fuel tank. Pumped it all out flushed, changed the filters again, and added new fuel...runs like a brand new one. Thank you for your help

Comment

good to here it is going fine now, but you need to find out how that water got in there and fix that.

also did you open up the tank to get all of the water out?
              just using the normal pick up tube will not get it all

Comment

Working...
              X