Carb info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb info

Alright, I'm new here and new to forums. I just got a bad ass motor, 2000 Yamaha 25 h.p 3 cyl. It's not running right, I'm taking all 3 carbs off tomorrow and clean them really good. My questions are, what do I back the adjustment screw out to on the carb? On older models it was one and a half turns I believe. 2nd question is, heard a rumor I can turn it into a 30 hp by the linkage on #2 carb??

The base setting for the idle mixture screws is contained within the applicable service manual. If the carburetors have never been monkeyed with you can turn the screws inward and count the number of turns. Then when reassembling the carburetors use that as your base setting.

With respect to converting a 25 HP to 30 HP by adjusting some carburetor linkage, you would need to consult with the owner of that myth. Since the part numbers of the carburetors are different on the 25 HP model than they are on the 30 HP model I am at a lost as to how a linkage adjustment can do what different set of carburetors can do.

Comment

Thx for your Info! As far as the mixture setting I'm not sure if anyone has messed with them. I'm trying to learn how to find a manual for my motor and how to download it. I'm not the best with computers I'll admit. Lol. I figured you have to rejet the carbs to get the h.p gain.

Comment

You can look up your manual P/N at link below.
        https://www.yamahapubs.com/

Click on parts link "Yamaha Genuine Parts" at the very top of this page and www.boats.net will most likely have it for sale.

OR at the very top of the topic list, highlighted in yellow there is a topic called Yamaha Service Manual Part Numbers. Open that and there is a link to download a PDF file with all the manuals this site has for sale.
        Last edited by panasonic; 06-06-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Maybe your 25hp the carbys don't go to WOT. Been known to restrict hp by limiting the amount the carbys can open. Worth a quick check.

Comment

Working...
          X