90 hp Yamaha Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 hp Yamaha Issue

Hello All I have a 1988 Yamaha 90 HP... Last year complete rebuild piston rings etc carbs were rebuilt new power trim motor and lower until seals This was completed by a excellent local mechanic and I could not believe how well it ran. Was winterized properly and used twice this year with the same results. I did not start it for a week or two and went down to give it a try and the motor started fine ran very well but when I brought it down to idle the motor ran like it was running on two cylinders then coughed and died.. ?? I tried it again today with a new set of plugs and had the same results..I was going to try changing out the spark plug caps because those are original but for now I tie wrapped them. I am not sure where to go from here could I have a bad coil? I have a new 24 gallon topside tank mounted on a Boston Whaler new spin on filter and changed the filter on the motor in the beginning of the season I use starton all the time.So my guess is the carbs are good..Any help would be appreciated Thank you

Time to start testing things instead of guessing and throwing parts at it.
    If there is good compression, spark,and timing of that spark at problem RPM then you are left with a fuel problem

Comment

Working...
    X