2003 yamaha f 115tlrb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 yamaha f 115tlrb

Hi guys, i have a 2003 f 115 tlrb. I was out the other day and it was running fine. We went to move to set up another drift and it started running like it was only running on 2 cylinders. It then proceeded to die and we had to be towed in. Once back at the house i was able to get it started but it was running very rough. It stayed running long enough for me to unplug each injector to determine which cylinders were not running. With the 3 and 4 injectors unplugged there wasnt a change in the motor function. It proceeded to die and it wont start. After a bunch of diagnosing i found that the ecu had a couple of corroded pins. I ordered a used but working ecu. I also replaced the icv valve. After a bit of troubleshooting i found that im not getting a ground at both coils. I have a ground at the injectors, fuel pumps etc. Anyone ever run into this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by George J View Post
    i found that im not getting a ground at both coils. I have a ground at the injectors, fuel pumps etc.
    I'm not following that.
    just like it provides the ground needed to run the fuel pump, and fire the injectors,
    the ECM provides the ground to fire the coils.

Comment

That's what is confusing me as well. The injectors and fuel pump have a ground, the coils do not. i ran out both grounds from the coils back to the ecu clip and all is fine. I'm getting the same results with 2 different ecu's. is there something im missing?

Comment

Working...
      X