new multifunction tach kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new multifunction tach kit

hey folks , i recently purchased the yamaha multi-function tach kit part no. 6yr-woo35-e1. now i finally have time to install this kit in my 1989 grady overniter. i recently had a shop rig a 1994 yamaha 200 sws series, when they rigged the motor they got got everything working except they said i need a new tach. when i purchased this tach there were no rigging instructions with this unit. instructions for getting the trim, oil levels and everything else working. i was wondering if anyone had the rigging instructions available ? any help would be appreciated.........

thanks stoney

Did they use a '94 or newer harness when they rigged the '94 motor, or did they just use an adapter kit? If the harness plugs at the console are square they used a new style harness. If the plug-ins are round they used your old '89 harness.
    Here's the only instructions I have for the digital tach (the tach with the mode buttons on the face....) :
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...igitalTach.jpg

Other than that the harness and tach pigtail wires are color coded, so it should be pretty straight forward plug-in. Unless you've got some specific questions.

Mike......... Miami, FL

Comment

thanks for the reply........ they used the original harness and adapted it to work with the newer motor. engine runs fine and oil system works fine but my original tach and tilt/trim gauge do not work nor do the oil lamps work on the original tach. unfortunatly i can't get your photobucket address to work.

thanks , stoney

Comment

I checked the link and it works fine. Did the boat originally have a '89 Yamaha on it? If so, did the old tach work? Did it work with the newer engine installed? Too bad they didn't just use a '94 or newer harness, it would've saved you a lot of headaches and it's not that expensive. You can try another adapter cable at the helm end of the harness, but I can't gaurantee anything. You need the adapter to go from the harness's round plugs to the new tach's square plugs. Who knows what's wired at the motor's end.

Mike........ Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
        X