T60TLR cranks but will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T60TLR cranks but will not start

Just had the boat out for a trip and flushed it with the hose. A week later it turns over but shows no sign of starting. Checked fuel and kill switch is installed. Any ideas on a good trouble shooting procedure?
    Last edited by DaveSeas; 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM.

Originally posted by DaveSeas View Post
    Just had the boat out for a trip and flushed it with the hose. A week later it will not start and shows no sign of turning over. Checked fuel and kill switch is installed. Any ideas on a good trouble shooting procedure?
    The title of your post says "cranks but will not start".

In the body of your message you say that it shows no sign of "turning over".

Please clarify what is going on.

Comment

It turns over but will not start.
      Last edited by DaveSeas; 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Check the fuse to the fuel pump relay. Check all of the fuses for that matter.

With the cowl removed and when the key is turned to the ON position you should here the fuel pump run for a moment or so. Do you?

Comment

I checked two of the three yellow fuses forward of the flywheel. But I will check them again. Others to check besides those?

Yes, I hear the fuel pump run when I turn the key to the ON position.

Thanks Boscoe, I appreciate the help and bearing with my semantics which I will be more careful with.

Dave

Comment

Where is the fuse for the fuel pump relay? The only one I see related to fuel pump is the starboard side yellow 20 A fuse?

Comment

OK, I checked the fuel pump relay as per the manual. 12 V added to the switch and checked continuity (yes) and then checked it without 12V applied (no continuity). All fuses are good. Also checked the kill switch continuity. All good.
              Last edited by DaveSeas; 07-23-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Problem solved. It was a fuel supply issue. I did one thing between having this problem arise and it running fine, and that was switching fuel tanks. Switch back and it started right up. Probably a loose hose or fitting as I did check the vent.

I learned a few new things about my engine with some of the diagnostics I performed so all good.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread, it is actually happening now

Went to start the engine and it is turning over but will not start. Checked the fuel delivery and tanks multiple times and it is getting fuel. I did no hear the fuel pump whirl like usual. what next?

Comment

Working...
                  X