Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Oil not sending from remote tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil not sending from remote tank?

Hello everyone,

Powering our 2004 Hurricane 237, we have a 2004 Yamaha 150 HP two stroke, with 425 hours. Engine has been well maintained and runs great. About a month ago, I got a low engine warning buzzer. The small oil tank ( inside the engine cowling) was a pint low, and the remote tank needed oil. I decided to exchange the existing oil with a fresh batch of Yamalube. I have since taken the boat out three times, about six hours running the engine. Yesterday I again experienced a low oil buzzer. The small tank was about a pint low, ( is that excessive oil consumption?) but the remote tank was full and did not send oil to the small tank? Is there an oil feed pump that runs from the remote tank to the engine oil reservoir? Is there a manual switch to fill oil from the remote tank to the small engine tank? Anyone still out there with a trusty old two-stroke that can provide some insight?

Thanks....Lawnie

an owners manual for your motor would be a good thing to read and then look at your gauges to see what they tell you is going on.

Owner Resources | Yamaha Outboards

Comment

Yes, there is a means to transfer oil by pressing a switch.

Yes, there is an oil pump mounted on the boat tank. The switch that gets pressed turns on this pump.

There is also a filter at the remote tank pump inlet that is prone to becoming clogged.

If the pump runs but does not transfer oil, or transfers it very slowly, then check the filter.

If the pump does not run that is a different issue.

Comment

Boscoe99,
        Great suggestions on the switch, I was not sure where it was located. Very helpful. Thanks.

Note to 99YAM40, of course I read the owners manual.

Comment

Or.... do a simple search on "precision blend" this has been covered in minute detail a thousand times by Rodbolt.

Comment

Working...
          X