No power to motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to motor

2001 ox66 150hp. I'm having issue with this motor . All the suddenly I can't get any power to the motor to start it up. 1st I though I was the battery .so I replace both .clean all the connection . Still no power all I hear it click click from the starter relay . Replace with brand new one .still no power . Every time I turn the ignition to on my tach with flicker on and off . When I try to start the motor all the tach goes out . Power tilt and trim won't work either . Trying to trouble shoot this problem . Please any forum member can give me idea what I can check next .

Thank

Ground or ground cable

Comment

Jb123 I have also try hooking the battery straight to the motor with jumper cable to bypass all other wire .Still no luck getting power to the motor.

Thank

Comment

the tach and control box trim and the start circuit all take power from the keyswitch.
        the tach ground is from the keyswitch.
        will the trim on the pan work?

Comment

Besides the above, do you have a "Perko type" MAIN on/off switch installed?

Its NOT common for the contacts inside to get crappy or the wires to loosen up/ corrode inside the switch.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Rodbolt the trim switch on the pan also doesn't work all I get is a click click when I trim it up or down. I also have a perko battery switch . I clean the connector make sure every secure down. I even replace it with a brand new one. Still get get click click when I try to start the motor or trim from the motor pan or from thorttle. If I jump start the starter it will spin.

Thanks

Comment

you most likely have a bad cable.
              do a forum search on voltage drop test and find which one failed.

Comment

take a look to the fuses, you have two together in the starter side of the engine

Comment

Thanks rodbolt turn out to be a bad cable.

Comment

Working...
                  X