1992 225 TXRQ will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 225 TXRQ will not start

Electrical problem - recently had carbs rebuilt. Motor turns over and good spark. Have isolated problem to key switch or kill switch. Are there any test procedures to test these? Really appreciate the help.
    I disconnected the ten pin connector and applied 12 volts to brown wire on starter solenoid with inline spark checkers installed. Had good spark. When I try to start with safety harness removed, I get the alarm.
    Last edited by Wheel442; 07-19-2014, 07:06 AM. Reason: More Info

Do you have power at yellow wire with key on, at engine?
    Are the choke butterfly's closing completely when choking? --never mind this as rodbolt mentions--
    Did you test spark when cranking using the key switch?

What makes you think the problem is there?
    Last edited by greasyshaft; 07-19-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

with the safety stop lanyard removed your supposed to get an alarm if you crank it.
      its how we test the alarm.
      try testing spark using the key switch with the lanyard installed.
      that system uses prime start, no choke plates, its an automatic enrichment system.
      try using the manual enrichment.

Comment

I am getting spark with key, too. I really thought it was electrical but maybe it's a fuel issue. Just had carbs rebuilt and ran great the one time I had her out a month ago. Then last week no start.
        Greasy shaft - should I still check yellow wire?
        Rod bolt - enrichment didn't help. I'm going to spray some starter fluid in carbs and see what I get.

THANKS for the help, guys! Starting fluid did the trick. Started and ran for 5-10 with no problems. Before that I cranked it numerous times and got nothing.
        Last edited by Wheel442; 07-19-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

easy
          you have an issue with the prime start system.
          could be the prime start fuel feed pump or a solenoid or connection.

Comment

Any recommendations?

Since I just had the carbs rebuilt, I thought it may be related to that. Is like to take care of it myself it you can let me know where to start.

Comment

other than the prime start system draws fuel from the upper carb bowl.
              it has nothing to do with carbs.
              do some reading on antique prime start.

Comment

Working...
              X