Water pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure Gauge

Hi Guys I have a 60hp high thrudt motor, I wish to add a yamaha pro series water pressure gauge , can I remove the clear pipe which is connected to the back of the speed fuel gauge to the new gauge, if not please advise thanks Dave

You could do that for shits and gigs, but the water pressure for the speedo comes from a small hole in the leading edge of the gear case.
    You want to tap into the cooling water pressure, somewhere on the block (depending on model)

Comment

Hi if I want to remove the speedo and fuel gauge for good where and how do I disconnect the speedo tube, I want to fit a pro series II water pressure and fuel gauge in place of the round gauge, thanks

Comment

Block it where ever the hose connects at the engine.
        saves having salt piss everywhere in your boat ;D

Comment

I suspect that what you have is a T60***. Always provide the complete model number to anyone when asking for information and/or parts for the motor. Otherwise, you might buy something that won't fit.

Gauges and block fitting/tube are in here:

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Attach point is here:

Comment

Many thanks Boscoe99, and others for your input, it's a T60hp 2007 4stroke, will I be able to use a pro series II water pressure gauge?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Blaber View Post
              Many thanks Boscoe99, and others for your input, it's a T60hp 2007 4stroke, will I be able to use a pro series II water pressure gauge?.
              I am sure this is not what is printed on your motors tag for your model #

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                I am sure this is not what is printed on your motors tag for your model #
                There are SEVEN MODELS for that engine(year, HP, 4 stroke):

2006 and Later Yamaha Outboard Parts

The specific model #, at least in the future is needed..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Absolutely. Why do you suspect the usage of this gauge with you motor?

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

I want to remove my digital gauges, and tacho and replace them with the pro series II gauges, is this possible 60hp high thrust, 2007, thanks

Comment

Hi attached is a pic of the engine plate, thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

I want to remove my digital gauges, and tacho and replace them with the pro series II gauges, is this possible 60hp high thrust, 2007, thanks
                        Yes.

But keep in mind this is different from merely adding a water pressure gauge.

Comment

Please explain your comment (different) as I am about to spend $1000+ purchasing two sets of tacho, water pressure, sender kit, fuel and volt pro series gauges to replace my digital gauges, thanks

Comment

My comment pertained to your first post only asking about adding a water pressure gauge. You then came back and made a comment about wanting to replace all of the gauges.

It is all doable. I just did not understand why you did not bring up the complete scope of work (changing all of the gauges) in your first post instead of merely asking about a water pressure gauge.

Comment

No worries mate, my initial scope of works was only the water pressure gauges, but have decided to remove all the digital gauges to pro series II gauges. I am hoping the tacho change over will be a simple plug out and in, I will probably be needing your advice when I connect the volt gauge and water pressure gauge, I should be ok with the fuel gauge , thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X