oil injection disable? 91 txrp 200 yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil injection disable? 91 txrp 200 yamaha

Hello I've been trying to trouble shoot the oil injection non transfer issue and have come up inconclusive. The toggle switch does not transfer oil neither does the system as it should engine down key on type scenario. The pump works if powered directly but does not pump while wired from factory via blue and brown wires. I have 12.25 v at batteries while engine is not running with key in on position and 8.16 v at pump while in Standby and almost 9 v at the pump while the toggle is activated and almost 13 v at batteries while engine is running........
    On that note if i unplud the black four pin round connector under the cowling that goes to the remote tank in order to pre-mix will that disable the temp alarm as well or not? id like to keep the warnings as not to increase the possibility of damaging the outboard.
    Thankyou

---------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 07-17-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

10-4 I'll start at the engine and go from engine > key switch > engine > tank . Thanks I'll see what I come up with tomorrow . Figures the snapper are runnin.

Comment

dude
        this is to easy.
        check the V drop at the engine connector.
        then go find the bad splice in the harness.
        I watched a tech Charlie foxtrot a simple transfer issue today, took 4 hours to do 30 min.
        cause 2 thangs.
        1 he aint gotta clue about how precision blend works.
        2 he aint gotta clue what and why you use a multimeter.
        BEFORE any electrical testing you MUST know why you have a meter and what do you EXPECT to see.
        voltage is simply a measure of electrical PRESSURE, doesn't mean squat as to the device WORKING.
        that's a matter of AMPS.

Comment

So if i have odd voltage under the cowling your saying the problem lies some where in that area(under the cowling) or that its in one of the mentioned electrical paths
          Last edited by makomecrazy; 07-17-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X