I need help regardingt a digital Yamaha Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help regardingt a digital Yamaha Tach

My motor is a 1994 150hp Yamaha with a digital Tach and a mulit meter gauge. The problem Im having is the alarm on the Tach goes off if I go over 1500 rpms. At idle or while in gear. If I slowly and gradually increase the throttle the alarm does not go off. If I push the throttle down fast the alarm goes off. The motor is not running hot and the oil reservoir is working fine. Is it possible that its a false alarm? The mechanic I brought it to stated that the Tach is acting this way when extra current is sent to the Tach when throttling up? The Tach does have visual condensation thur the glass. Any advice would help, what else can I do to solve this problem. It already ruined our vacation. To add the up solenoid on the trim went out and I had to change a battery that was only 6 months old. After installing the new battery the boat would not turn over until it sat for a few minutes then it started up. Is this an electrical issue? ?? Please help Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BayouNola; 07-17-2014, 09:16 PM. Reason: Picture of the only wire I found to be lose or broken at the battery switch. can this be the problem

-------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for answering

TE=BayouNola]Thanks again for answering my question. To answer your question yes when the alarm goes off I not only hear the loud buzzing sound all 3 symbols on the Tach light up. I thought the sound is coming from the Tach. I guess since the control box/ throttle is so close I assumed the sound came from the Tach. To add to the problem I experienced the motor nor my instrument panel is not working like the battery is dead. Which is almost impossible because I just bought a new battery on Saturday when I had the issue with my tilt and trim not going up. You mentioned a battery switch I do have one on the boat where I can switch to 1 or 2 batteries. But to note I only have one battery installed. So where do you recommend I start looking for the problem at the motor and the cdi or could it be a lose wire within the boat? If a wire is lose or faulty it would give me the problem Im having? Please advise me what I can do THANKS MUCH[/QUOTE

Comment

not bashing but based on your previous and this post.
        your best option is to find a master tech in your area, chat with him/her,yes there is at least one female master tech.
        then allow them to find your issue.
        trust me.
        those of us that made the master tech are rather vain.
        means I aint gonna get beat.
        means if it gets to nasty I simply go off the clock and fix the dang thang.
        occasionally we get beat on but I have never been beaten.
        sometimes it comes down to a matter of professional pride.

I could try to walk you trough it but your eyes would glaze over before I am done.

Comment

Hey Rod I will try it

Rod if you have a few minutes I will send you my phone number thur a PM message and give it a try. Im pretty patient when giving instructions plus maybe you may have some insight by explaining whats going on by talking instead of writing whats going on. Let me know im outside in the boat now checking over everything.

Comment

Working...
          X