200 hpdi engine off. alarm buzzing. All oil llights off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 hpdi engine off. alarm buzzing. All oil llights off

Good morning forum members. I have been reading through the posts but can't find anything that has exactly my issue. (But I have found tons of great information and for I'm thankful)
    I have a 2004 200 hpdi with about 100 hours on it. It has the analog tach with the red, amber, and green oil lights at the bottom of the tach. I'm having an intermittent issue with the key on and alarm buzzing.
    Some times I turn the key on, I get the green oil light and no alarm. Engine starts and runs fine.
    Sometimes I turn the key on, I get alarm buzzing and no oil lights. The engine will start and run fine.
    Sometimes I get no alarm and the amber and green oil lights are on.
    In all cases, the engine runs fine, the oil levels are perfect, and the oil pump is working.

The other thing I noticed:
    With the key on and engine off, the alarm buzzing and no lights oil alarm lights illuminating, if I trim the engine up the alarm buzzer goes to a higher pitch and then at about the point of where the tilt ram lifts the motor the alarm will turn off, the green oil light illuminates.
    The trim gage also seems to bounce a little with the alarm going on and off.

Has anyone had this problem? Thank you in advance for your help.

sounds like a poor connection in the trim/oil harness or the main harness.
    low battery voltage or a faulty water detect will sound an alarm at key on engine off.

Comment

Thanks for the reply rodbolt. I have 12.8v on my batteries and I went through the connections and everything looks like new. I read earlier about the white plug and gray wire that should or should not be plugged in. Do you know why or why not these should be plugged in?

Comment

Working...
      X